Small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness is a simple, effective, and fun way to show the love of Jesus to people around you. With each act, simply give an Acts of Kindness card to let someone know they are noticed and loved by God.
Acts of Kindness cards are available at New Life Church or at New Life HQ. Check out this incredible testimony from one of our ARC partner churches on how an Act of Random Kindness can change someone’s life and we can see how one act of kindness can make an incredible difference.
IDEAS FOR ACTS OF KINDNESS
- Pay for someone’s gas.
- Keep a giveaway bag stocked with snacks, toiletries, and socks for the homeless you may encounter.
- Take out the garbage for an elderly or handicap neighbor.
- Leave an encouraging note or surprise in items you are donating, selling, or returning.
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Bring fresh flowers to someone.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Mow someone’s yard for free.
- Pay for someone’s coffee behind you in the drive-through.
- Pay for someone’s fast food meal behind you in the drive-through.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Give baked goods or a small gift to the postman or delivery person.
- Leave a big tip for your server at a restaurant.
- Pay for someone’s movie that is behind you in line.
- Help someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone’s meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
- Share your umbrella with a stranger.
- Help tutor a struggling student.
- Pay for someone’s groceries that is behind you in line.